We provide multiple options for starting flows to meet the specific needs of your campaign:
- You can manually start a flow at any time via the "Start Flow" box in the flow editor. You can check the 'Restart contacts who have already entered this flow' setting to send to contacts who have already received a message from your flow. Additionally, the 'Interrupt contacts currently active in flows' setting allows you to decide whether your flow will interrupt others.
- Your contacts can start a flow by sending a specific keyword in a message (keyword trigger).
- A flow can be triggered on a future date or on a schedule.
- A flow can be triggered by a campaign event.
- A flow can be triggered after missing a call.
- A flow can be triggered after receiving a call.
- A flow can triggered after receiving a message not handled elsewhere.
To start a contact or group in a flow through the flow editor:
- Navigate to the "flows" tab and click the flow you want to start.
- Click on the "Start Flow" button in the top right portion of the flow editor.
- Select the option to "Start flow immediately and send to selected groups or individuals"
4. Enter the contacts or groups you want to start the flow, mark the appropriate settings, then click the "Ok" button to start them.
To allow your contacts to start a flow by sending a keyword trigger:
1. Select the option to "Start flow when a specified keyword is received in a message"
2. Enter the keyword or keywords that you want users to text to start this flow:
Users will now be able to text your Twilio number (found by clicking the name of your Organization in the Top right) with that Keyword to start the flow.
Starting a flow at a future date and time:
1. Select the option to "Start flow at a future date and time"
2. Select the Contact Group that you want to receive this flow and the date and time you want them to receive the flow on.
The "Repeat" option allows you to send the flow on regularly scheduled intervals -- an example use case would be regular short surveys after weekly appointments. We offer the following options:
- Never (default) -- the flow will be sent once at the day and time you specify.
- Daily -- the flow will send every day at the time you specify.
- Weekly -- the flow will be sent once a week at the time you specify and on the days you select.
- Monthly -- the flow will be sent once a month on the date and time you specify.