Campaigns allow you to schedule messages and workflows around a specific date, such as a registration or purchase date. Campaigns are often used for DRIP communication such as maternity health reminders, therapy adherence messages, or messages that correspond with the lifecycle of a product or service.
Creating a Campaign
Use this guide to create your first campaign. Specifically, we'll show you how to create a campaign that sends a customer satisfaction flow 7 days after the customer's purchase date.
To create the campaign, you'll need:
- A contact group to which the campaign will send messages. A group can be created via the Contacts page using the 'Create Group' button in the bottom left corner. Alternatively, a group can be created within the 'Add contact to a group' flow action.
- A date & time contact field. A contact field can be created via the Contacts page. Click the 'Manage Fields' button to add the field and set its value type:
- A campaign. Campaigns can be created via the Campaigns page using the 'Create Campaign' button.
Note that each campaign operates on a single contact group:
- A flow to be sent out over the duration of the campaign. In this case, we'll be sending the 'Resume Update Campaign | Reminder Module.'
- A campaign event to send our customer satisfaction flow. An event can be created via the 'Add Event' button present within your campaign.
Note that a campaign event requires a contact field containing a date & time value around which it can be scheduled.
Scheduling the Campaign
Once your contact field has been created, you'll need to initiate the campaign. You can accomplish this by starting the contact in a flow containing a reminder message, an 'Add contact to a group' action that places the contact in the campaign's group, and an 'Update the Contact' action that'll record the time the contact received the message.
The 'Update the Contact' action uses the '@date.now' variable to update the 'Registration Date' contact field with the date and time the contact receives the message.
Once the contact has been placed in the campaign's group and our event's contact field has been updated, the campaign becomes active. You click each event to view its upcoming messages.