If you use Salesforce as your CRM tool, we provide an easy way to import your contacts into the Community Connect platform. You'll connect your Salesforce Account and then have the option to filter and import contacts.
1. Connecting Your Salesforce Account
Log into your Community Connect Labs Account and click the name of your organization in the top right corner. Scroll down to the 'Connect Your Salesforce Account' option.
Click 'Connect Salesforce Account', and then 'Link Salesforce Account', which will redirect you to the Salesforce login page. Login using your Salesforce credentials and complete all necessary verification steps. Once you've logged in, you'll be redirected back to the Community Connect platform.
2. Uploading Contacts From Salesforce
After you've successfully connected your account, click on the 'Contacts' icon and then 'Import Salesforce Contacts' on the left side of the screen. On this screen, you'll be able to select which contact fields you'd like to import into our platform. If you don't select any contact fields, we'll only import the default fields:
When choosing which Fields to import, we suggest:
- Importing any Fields that you may want to use to personalize messages
- Importing Fields that you may want to use to segment messages to groups of users
- Importing any Fields for which you want to update data collected through our platform. You'll be able to export this data back to Salesforce, but in order to do so you need to Import the Fields first
We suggest importing any fields that you may want to use to personalize messages to users or segment groups of messages. By default, we'll upload all your contacts.
You can also choose to only import contacts that match a set of specific values. To do so, click on 'Advanced Options' and use the dropdown options to filter contacts based on the Rules and Values specified. We currently only support an 'And' operator for Rules, so only contacts that match all the criteria will be uploaded.